Sunday, March 23, 2014

We're All Mad Here!

There was an Alice in Wonderland themed event yesterday that was hosted by a few vintage shops and other stores around that area so Katti and I decided to check it out. For the Alice in Wonderland event there were people dressed as characters from the Lewis Carroll' book "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". It was a little too hot for wearing lolita so we opted for dressing in mori girl and stuck flowers in out hair and called ourselves "talking flowers". Maybe not so original, but it was fun. The event seemed like it was for smaller children, which is the only reason why we didn't stay for long. We stayed for maybe an hour, but after that we walked downtown to look around in another vintage store that we like and after that we went to Goodwill. We both found books and some really cheap clothes, but I'm not sure if I'll do a blog post on that. Well, here is what I wore that day (minus the shoes).

I made some of my hair clips as well.

I didn't get a full photo of Katti's outfit, but I did get some really nice photos of her using my toy camera. All the flowers she wore in her hair were clips that she made herself.

I think this photo of her looks really cute.

Here she is taking pictures of some flowers that we saw.

I also took some pictures of the insides of the vintage shops. The lady dressed up as Alice was so kind and let me take a picture of her. The Mad Hatter was also lurking around, but he looked busy so I didn't bother him.

She was so sweet and stayed in character the whole time.

There were such cute little toys!

I really liked the dresses on the wall of one of the vintage
stores, but everything was so expensive...

I really haven't been wearing mori girl (or lolita) lately, but last week I wore this outfit to class. I think this dress is very appropriate for spring. For the most part everything is off-brand. The apron dress might be a Crisp dress, but it could be a knock off since I purchased it from Taobao.


A close up...
Thanks for reading this, before I go I'll leave you with a hint as to what the next blog post will be about:

Beautiful, right? I wish I could live here!

That's all for now! Stay tuned in for the next blog post!

5 comments:

ボギちゃん said...

Aww ✨ Your outfits are soo cute~! I really love them. Especially the second one, that dress is soooo gorgeous~~ ♡
I wish I could was there in the Alice in Wonderland event, I love this story and it looks so interesting and I love vintage stores too *_*
I can't wait to see your next blog post~! This house looks amazing ✨

Abelis said...

I love all your outfits!! I want to know where you buy.

Anonymous said...

Cute outfits! I think the apron was a Wonder Rocket design, when they were still more mori geared, this was one of them from last year. http://fawnanddoll.tumblr.com/post/29717945776

Unknown said...

Ahh! Your outfit is too cute! I wish there was an Alice in Wonderland event near me! :(
Excited for next post; that place looks amazing! <3

Unknown said...

Where did you get the pieces for your outfits? I love all of them <3

http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/