Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Frilly Afternoon

Today was my first time going to a lolita meetup! I have never been around so many sweet (and beautifully dressed I might add!) people in my whole entire life and I had such a wonderful time playing croquet at the park, eating delicious snacks and enjoying the afternoon sun with other fellow frillies. Because it was my first meetup I wanted to wear my favorite jumperskirt. It was a bit warm outside and because of the long length of my dress I had to wear ankle socks and a thin, chiffon blouse so I wouldn't sweat to death. However, the afternoon was pleasant and we spent a lot of time in the shade created by the trees at the park.

Jumperskirt: Innocent World
Blouse: Forever 21
Socks: Innocent World
Accessories: Off brand
Shoes: Traffic



 Like most lolitas, I turned to the Internet to find lolitas to be friends with, but it is such a whole new experience interacting face to face with other lolitas. I had such a great time, I can't wait to meet these ladies again! I'm sorry for the covered faces but like me, I know a lot of the people in the group are apprehensive about putting their faces on the Internet. Instead, please enjoy the beautiful coordinates! A lot of the ladies in the group created their coordinates with thrifted pieces or altered clothing to make it lolita. The first woman on the left actually handmade her skirt the day before the meetup, it was so impressive. The print on the skirt are tiny little sweets.

Getting ready to feed the ducks!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, until next time!

No comments: