Sunday, February 16, 2014

Where Forest Fashion Meets Lolita

My dad came over for a visit and took my best friend and I out to eat. It was the perfect opportunity to throw on the frills, but with a twist! We decided to mix mori girl with lolita and the end results were coordinates that looked as if a prim and proper Victorian lady and gotten lost in the forest and decided that she liked it there. It was the first time my father had seen us wearing anything other than jeans and t-shirts, but his reaction was very positive. He said that we looked pretty, and he even wanted to take our picture. But being the sort of aloof kind of guy that he is, it seems like our choice of attire didn't cross his mind again while we chatted about all things lolita and mori girl in the backseat of his car.

Credits go to my dad for this lovely photo.

My friend always has such wonderful luck finding lovely things. Everything she was wearing was off-brand! Who says you need a closet full of name brand clothing to look fabulous! A lot of her clothes were lucky thrift store finds. What really made her outfit all the more striking were her cute accessories. I really loved her cute rose belt and the compass necklace was a gift that I gave her last Christmas! It looks great on her and I'm glad that she likes it.

A compass so you never get lost :).

I really enjoy that my best friend loves both mori girl and lolita. I think both styles really suit her and I'm so happy that this is just another thing that we share in common.  Our big dream if funds are permitting is to go to Japan together and do a little sightseeing, eat lots of yummy food (hopefully with matcha in it as we are matcha fanatics), and meet lots of awesome people... and probably shop until we pass out somewhere.

Adorable! Don't you agree?

Also, here is a more detailed photo of what I wore as well. Sorry for the lack of shoes, I was kind of lazy and I didn't feel like putting them on.

Dress: Innocent World
Collar, underskirt and tights: Off-brand
Blouse: Forever 21

Thanks for reading! Hopefully my friend and I will have more time to dress up in the future. We are thinking of doing even more themed coordinates together. It's a possibility that we will do a book theme next... but who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both look lovely! I'm really looking forward to your next coordinates, a book theme sound great!

Bramble Tea said...

That's so sweet! Thank you so much for the comment. Your blog is really interesting, I can't wait to read it!