Sunday, November 24, 2013

Gallery Goers

My best friend in all of her mori girl glory.

My best friend and I decided to go to the student art show that was coupled with the Gabrielle Wu Lee exhibit a while back. Both the exhibit and show were quite an experience and I was glad that we decided to go instead of being lazy and rolling around the apartment in our pajamas. We also decided to dress up, she as a mori girl and I as a lolita. Overall, the night was spectacular and we had a lot of fun.



Who are these nerds?

I have to say that like all other art, the art of Gabrielle Wu Lee can only be appreciated fully when seen in person. Her paintings were layers upon layers of paint that were dripped and poured to create these luscious textures and beautiful swirls of sometimes almost transparent color. Now some photos of the student artwork...

A very intricate installation on the wall... I think there was a bird or deer in there somewhere...

There were about five of these miniature rooms that could be viewed through a peep-hole.

When these melted they revealed pictures...
 I love the student art shows because they reveal so much about the talent of the students here. Out of all of the work I think my favorite was this sculpture that one of the students did. When my friend and I walked into the gallery I actually thought this was a real person perched on the display, but no, it's just a wonderfully rendered piece of work. I don't think I'm deep enough to understand such a conceptual piece, but I surely do admire the craftsmanship.


 I'm sorry that I didn't document the names of the artists. If you are interested in knowing who did a particular piece, please let me know and I'll try to find out. There was a lot more artwork, but if I included photo's of all of the artwork the blog post would get really long.

I guess this wouldn't be a post without my typical outfit snap, so here goes:

Blouse: Forever 21
Shoes and Socks: Off-brand
Jumperskirt: Innocent World
Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed the post!

No comments: