Monday, January 20, 2014

A Surprise Gift and Farm Adventures

My pen-pal in Maine remembered my birthday and sent me a gift! I hardly ever get gifts for my birthday now that I'm an adult, so this was much appreciated and it very much left me speechless when I pulling the box of mystery contents out of my mailbox. It must have really taken her a while to make the framed embroidery roundel (and she later informed me that it did!), but it looks adorable. I really love the twig pencils as well! They remind me of something a girl who lives in the forest would draw or write stories with. The card was also very sweet and inside she had written a little about her wedding preparations and the freezing weather. 

Thank you so much Caitlin!

There was a four day weekend in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day (which is today!), so my best friend and I hit the road and headed back home to visit family. My aunt and uncle live right next door to my uncle's parents who own a farm so I spent a lot of time wandering around and in the process I got to snap some photos.

I really like watching the sunsets while I'm in the country.
 
There were cows in this photo, but you can''t really see them.

Goats!!! There were so many of them! I was trying to feed this one.

I really want to be able to go back again soon! It was nice being able to see my aunt and uncle and I tried not to cry when it was time to go back. Tomorrow I have school and it seems like the monotony will continue. However, that is rather harsh since most of my classes this semester are actually fun!

I hope you enjoyed the blog post! Thanks for reading!

No comments: