Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

May your year be filled with joy!

Happy New Year and a very belated Happy Holiday to you all! I'm sorry for not blogging in a while, I went back home to visit with family for Christmas so I was a little preoccupied with all the festivities that were going on. I ate a lot of food and it was wonderful being able to see relatives that I had not seen in a while. My family did not give gifts this year (instead we ate food and played games), but one of my favorite cousins surprised me by giving me a gift of a small magnolia scented candle and body spray that smelled like cotton candy. It was a very eventful Christmas and I am sad that it is all over now.

The shawl I made over Christmas break...

Christmas also proved to be a very productive time as well, especially for crafting. I finished a shawl that I had neglected to finish about a year ago and while I was home I also made hair bows out of some velvet ribbons that I purchased before Christmas. I really like how the shawl turned out and because it was so easy to knit I think I will have to make one for my best friend. I made the bows as cute options for hair accessories because I don't really have many at the moment. I really want to make some hair bows for people that I know who might like that sort of thing. Maybe as gifts next Christmas?

The bows I made. They turned out kind of cute!

I participated in the Mori Girl Secret Santa event on LiveJournal and it was really fun. This year the event was very simple. All you had to do was send a card and if you wanted to give a little extra you could. My Secret Santa was a sweet mori girl named Vickie from Texas. She sent me a handmade bookmarker and a card and included little extras. Some mini-notes and hand-copied poems, one in English and one in Spanish were also included. It was all so thoughtful and I felt like my Secret Santa really spent a lot of time making the gifts.

All of this was from my Secret Santa!!!

I was the Secret Santa of LiveJournal user pookiebookie, who also runs the tumblr blog The Dainty Cat. I painted her a winter queen and I made her a velvet hair bow. She wrote that one of her favorite colors is dusty rose, so I really wanted to use that color in her gift, hence the bow in that color.

The two gifts...

This New Year's has been a little uneventful due to the fact that my family decided not to do anything (everyone had to work or was busy) and my friends were out of town or celebrating with their own families, but I might do something on my own a little later (like go out to eat or something...), I'm not sure yet. Well, I'm dressed up but I just have no idea what I'm going to do! My outfit:

Skirt and Dress: Taobao
Tights, Purse and Collar: Off-brand
Shoes: Xappeal
Cutsew: SM2

I really love this crochet sailor collar.

As far as New Year's resolutions go, I don't have any besides studying harder, haha. I hope that the new year has had a positive start for you and many wishes for a bright and happy year.

Edit: I ended up just eating pizza and watching television...

2 comments:

Gloria said...

wow, your illustrations are super beautiful. <3

Bramble Tea said...

Thank you! I'm trying harder to become a better artist. I just followed your blog and I love your photographs. There is such a narrative quality to them.